Microsoft has released the final version of Internet Explorer 8 with claims of it being easier, faster & safer. You can download Internet Explorer 8 from here.
What’s worth mentioning:
- Improved tabs- Internet Explorer 8 has improved the way tabs work. Links opened up from one tab in new tabs will have same tab colour & the group can be identified by just having a look at the tab colours. The whole group can be closed by one single click
- Accelerators- This is a new concept in Internet Explorer 8. They help in accelerating user’s work by providing shortcuts to Search, Maps, Email etc. Eg. You can directly right click on the address on a web page & get the map & directions to the address.
- Developer tools- Just like Safari & Chrome, Internet Explorer 8 has introduced developer tools to examine the structure and elements on a website.
- Compatibility- Internet Explorer 8 comes with compatibility list of websites which have do not display properly in Internet Explorer 8. IE 8 automatically switched to compatibility mode for these websites. In case the website isn’t in the compatibility list & isn’t displaying properly all you need to do is click the Compatibility View button. It lies next to the Refresh button on the address bar.
- Safer- The new SmartScreen filter and other built-in security features help you stay safe by protecting against deceptive and malicious websites which can compromise your data, privacy, and identity.
More (External links):