Xiaomi has rolled out the MIUI 9 update for Redmi 4 India and China users. To update, you can go to the Updater app and tap “Check for updates”. A new update should be available to download. If it does not show any update to download, you can download the update manually from the links below.
The Recovery ROM, once downloaded, can be used to update via the Updater app on your phone. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the updater app.
- Tap on three dots on the right.
- Select “Choose update package”.
- If you get an option to select app, tap Explorer.
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the Recovery ROM and select it.
- Updater will now start the update process.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes for the update process to finish.
- First boot after the update may take some time. Please be patient.
- That’s it! Enjoy the brand new MIUI 9 on your shiny Redmi 4.
For flashing Fastboot ROM, you’ll need Mi Flash Tool. I’ll post the guide to use Mi Flash Tool soon and update the link here.