Apple, on Tuesday, announced the third generation of OS for the iPhone and iPod Touch. OS 3.0 is loaded with many features, many of which should have been there in the first generation itself. Here are the features that matter in the new OS 3.0:
- Cut, Copy & Paste- The new OS will have the cut, copy & paste feature. It’ll also support undo.
- Landscape Keyboard- The new landscape keyboard can be used in apps like Mail, SMS & Notes.
- Bluetooth stereo streaming- Now you can hear music streaming through supported Bluetooth ear piece or speakers.
- Push- OS 3.0 will have Push based notifications.
- GPS directions- You can now get turn bu turn directions through GPS.
- Search & Spotlight- You can now search your Mail, iPod & calendar. Spotlight can be used to find information where ever it is stored in the device.
The new OS will be available in the mid of this year & will be available as a free of cost upgrade for iPhone users. iPod Touch users will have to shell out $10 for the upgrade (this sucks, Apple). I wonder why this discrimination between the iPhone & iPod Touch users? May be Apple doesn’t love it’s iPod Touch customers.
(P.S.- I’m really sorry for this long delay between the posts. I’ve been very busy & couldn’t update the blog. I’ll try to post regularly now You’ll also find some new category of posts soon right here on Techies Realm. Stay tuned.)